SUMMER HOLIDAY VS. SUMMER HOLIDAYS
1. What are your holiday ideas for this summer?
2. Have you booked any trips/excursions/holidays?
3. Did you do it through a travel agent's or by yourself through sites offering tickets and hotel rooms?
4. I wish you /What I wish you is a safe holiday but brimming with adventures. Enjoy your freedom from work "to the fullest".
1.Can I use book "your holidays" meaning "your trips"?
2. When I ask 3 persons in turn about their summer break plans, is it correct to use Present Perfect for the first listener: "Have you booked a tour?" and then Past Simple for the second and third listeners respectively: "Did you book a tour?"
3. When I search the Internet for the uses of the plural word "holidays" with reference to SUMMER HOLIDAYS , I can’t find them -
Is it then more natural to talk about "going somewhere on holiday" , "on our holiday" (whole summer break), "on a holiday" / "for a holiday" (one summer outing/trip), and thus "planning our holiday", and "doing sth during our holiday" than
"going on our/ for our holidays", "doing sth in our holidays " and "shedulling our holidays "?