I'd like to start off by saying Happy New Years! ♥
I know that there hasn't been any meaningful updates these past few months, and I apologize for that. As those of you who have joined our Discord (opens discord) server know, we have been working hard behind the scenes to make LangCorrect even easier to use. The primary goals with the redesigns are to reduce the learning curve for our new members, help facilitate constructive feedback, and provide a more consistent user experience.
This update is part 1 of 2, and the disabled features will become available soon.
Let me go over some of the changes in no particular order:
- Search, Filter & Tag functionality has been added.
- Proper Right-to-Left (RTL) support will be added. (still in progress)
- Correction highlighting has been greatly improved.
- Correction Type (ex: grammar, spelling, etc) has been added.
- A new modern look has been added with additional features such as attachments, search, and calling incoming later this year.
- Textarea is now expandable on larger screens.
- Editing a message will no longer scroll you down to the bottom.
- A user sidebar has been added where you can view basic information about your conversation partner. (more will be added later)
- Language filters have been added.
- Responses is now clickable.
Premium & Funding Plans
For the most part, I have been paying out of pocket (and going negative) each month to keep LangCorrect running. This isn't very sustainable and it's getting quite expensive, so this year, focus will be on sustaining the platform.
- Pricing will be increased from $5 to $8 per month (roughly two cups of coffee each month). Yearly will be heavily discounted to $60 (-$36) per year.
- This pricing change will affect all new subscriptions. If you are on the older plan and don't mind paying the new subscription price, then you would need to cancel your monthly subscription for the pricing change to take affect. For yearly plans, you would have to wait until the next renewal date.
- Advertisements. Non obtrusive advertisements will be added to the site. This will most likely be via Google Ads. Please consider disabling ad-blockers on LangCorrect if you find the platform useful.
- (optional, planned) Paid corrections. You will be able to pay a native speaker to correct your journal(s), and we would take a small % of that.
I hope that you enjoy these new redesigns and that you find it a welcomed change. If there are any bugs or issues, please report them via Discord or by emailing [email protected]
Thanks for sticking with me and here's to a great year!